23 February 2010

Yes, I've got my hands full.

I don't think I ever go out with my two boys when one person or another doesn't remark: "Wow, you've sure got your hands full!"

It's true. I do. A 5 month old and a 2 1/2 year old keep me busy, incredibly busy. Between diaper changes, potty breaks, "bad guy" attacks and urgent quests to find the lost soother, I, like other moms, find myself sacrificing the simple things I once took for granted. Showers are lucky treats I sneak if I happen to get both boys napping at the same time, but taking the time to soak in the warm water is a distant memory, and shaving is a luxury of the past. Make-up application is reserved for special occasions, and going to the mall, or seeing close friends and family does not constitute such an occasion. Spending a whole day curled up reading a book hasn’t happened since my oldest was born, I’m lucky if I can listen to a single uninterrupted chapter of a novel on my I-pod.

Yes, my hands are full, but I love it. I would give up showers, make-up and lazy days reading any day for the joy that being a mother of my two beautiful boys brings me. My hands are full, full of joy, full of laughter, full of happiness!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails