06 April 2011

Chicken Box Party!

I've been searching for 4 years, and finally I found it: the Chicken Pox have finally infected my children. For three weeks we've been talking about it, we've gone to two different houses to ensure exposure, sucked on suckers and popsicles, chowed down on cookies and traded pajamas.  It's really been quite fun.

Until the spots showed up...

That's him trying to be sad.  He really was, but he's too much like me to not smile prettily for the camera. 

Once the thrill of actually having the pox wore off he began begging for a "Chicken Box Party" of his own so that he could give the pox away.  Even in his misery he is so cute!



So, we did what any good parents would do, we threw him a party to celebrate his Chicken Box, with something that hasn't been in our house for over 3 months: macaroni!!!!  (Don't worry, it was organic... in case you were wondering.)  I'm not sure what Eli was more excited for, the macaroni, or the idea that we weren't "doing a raw diet" anymore.  He was really excited.


Although Silas wasn't really sure why we were spoiling him so, he was pretty pleased as well.   


They were both just as excited about the raw chocolate dessert as they were about the macaroni.


I remember when I got the chicken pox my Aunt Liz brought over a felt story book.   I don't remember the misery of it, although I'm sure it was miserable, but I do remember that book.  Maybe tomorrow I need to sneak out of this sick house and buy Eli something special, even more special than the macaroni!

5 comments:

  1. When I got the Chicken Pox, I tried to hide it from mom.... until it was bath time. I remember the embarrassment and hating it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Poor kid!!! I have homeopathics for him today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember the picture of your misery with chicken pox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @child of the universeI've gone through three photo albums trying to find that picture, and it's still MIA. Eli really wants to know that he's not alone in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my son was 3months old when he got them and we have no idea where he picked them up...hardest week of my life!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails