06 November 2011

Happy 40th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!!!

Today my parents celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary!  So, naturally, today I can't help but declare just how thankful I am for them.  I could go on and on about all the wonderful things they have done for me over my entire life, but let's just stick with the last year.  Just a few weeks ago we moved out of their basement and into our own, but for a year and a half before that my parents welcomed my entire family into their home while Jared was getting accredited in Canada and finding a job.  Every time I tell people that they cringe, like living with parents would naturally bad thing, but honestly, it was wonderful.  My boys, who had spent their short lives in Michigan before that, didn't know their grandparents at all, and living with them allowed them to really get to know and love them.  Both boys are just as happy with Bumpa and Grandma as they are with us.  Mom and I did the whole Raw Food thing together, which was awesome, because honestly, eating raw requires a LOT of kitchen prep, and I had my mom to do it all with.  My mom and dad are so loving and generous, and we would not have survived the last year and a half without them.  So, today, on their 40th wedding anniversary, I am most grateful for them!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails