02 November 2011

A Thankful November

Kay, so I'm a few days late, but this month my wonderful friend Sarah challenged me to blog every day about something I am thankful for.  Finding things I am thankful for is easy, there are a lot of things to be thankful for.  Sitting down to blog about it will be the challenge. Who wants to join us???

So, today I am obviously thankful for Sarah!  More than 4 years ago, when I first moved to Michigan, Sarah was the first person I met.  She was nursing her baby in the Mother's room during Sacrament Meeting at church when I went in to nurse Eli, who was only 11 weeks old.  Our babies were born just a day apart: instant connection! I don't remember a whole lot about that conversation, but I do remember that she asked me if I had a pediatrician and what schedule I had Eli on.  Kay, maybe only she and I will think it funny that those two things came up, but trust me, it is funny.  Anyway, she was called as my visiting teacher with Irina Jamieson (who deserves a thankful day all of her own) and soon became a kindred spirit (she'll also totally catch the literary reference of that.) 

Today, almost two years since I left Michigan, Sarah still keeps me sane, checks up on me, and makes me feel loved!  She drives halfway across the country with a six week old baby just to meet up with us.  Eli still declares that his favourite cousins are her Ava and Violet.  I love her so much and will always, always be grateful that we ran into each other nursing our babies all those years ago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails