12 June 2012

Amelia - An Angel Dress

Let's pretend that my MIA status is because of all the crazy adventuring we've been doing of late, okay?

Actually, it may be because I've been knitting (I'm always knitting).  Eli wants a sweater for his birthday, which is this Friday (WHAT!?!) and my fingers have been busy, knitting away.

A few weeks ago I finished a little baby dress for my sister-in-law who is pregnant right now.  Last year she had a sweet baby girl, Amelia, who only lived for 7 short hours.  I have wanted to design something in memory of her for a long time.  First I thought I would make a quilt and come up with a quilt block for her, but really, knitting seems to be my obsession of late, so I stuck with that.  I found this amazing little lace pattern for an angel, and thus was born my new dress pattern: Amelia.


See those sweet little angels along the hem?  I just love them. They are easy to knit too - you just need to know how to knit a bobble (nothing a few minutes on You Tube can't teach you) and the rest is simple.

The dress is already in the hands of it's new owner, and if she doesn't have a baby girl, well, it will have to wait to be worn by a baby sister later.


 Of course, my little "Angel" doesn't mind modeling.


There's the angels on the hem. 


And one on each shoulders, to help our babies fly. 


And there you have it, my newest pattern. I had a lot of fun knitting this one, and if you are so inclined, you can too!  Check out my pattern on Ravelry, and Craftsy or pick up a copy of your own right now. 




This time I had 15 amazing women test knit the pattern for me.  I honestly couldn't have finished it up without their help. Check out their handiwork here:

As always, let me know what you think of it, and feel free to share your pictures!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails